Teachers Taking Action To Succeed, Inc. (will be referred to as T.T.A.I.) adba YourChoiceTutor.com is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated as you make full use of our many offerings. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
2. What personally identifiable information does T.T.A.I. collect from me?
3. What are cookies and how does T.T.A.I. use them?
• Store your personalized settings for items such as route language and default country forms.
• Determine whether you are using a public computer so that any T.T.A.I. settings changed while using a public computer do not affect the next user's ability to use T.T.A.I.
• Measure certain traffic patterns; track the areas of T.T.A.I.'s web site you have visited, track the web site through which you came to T.T.A.I., and your visiting patterns in the aggregate. We use this research to understand how our users' habits are similar or different from one another, so that we can make each new experience on T.T.A.I. a better one. We may use this information to better personalize the content, banners, and promotions that you and other users will see on our sites.
• T.T.A.I. also collects IP addresses for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
• We may use a third-party advertising company to serve ads when you visit our web site. This company may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visit to this web site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique "cookie" on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by this company, please click here.
4. Who is collecting information?
When you are on a T.T.A.I. site and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information for use by T.T.A.I. alone, unless it is specifically stated otherwise. Some T.T.A.I. services may be offered in conjunction with a partner company. In order to provide this service to you, it may be necessary for us to share your personal information with our partner company. In such cases you will be notified prior to the time of the data collection or transfer. If you do not want your data to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular service.
Promotions that run on T.T.A.I. may be sponsored by companies other than T.T.A.I. or may be cosponsored by T.T.A.I. and another company. Some or all data collected during a promotion may be shared with the sponsor. If data will be shared, you will be notified prior to the time of data collection or transfer. You can decide not to participate in the promotion if you don't want your data to be shared.
Please be aware that T.T.A.I. advertisers or Web sites that have links on our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. The information practices of those Web sites linked to T.T.A.I. are not covered by this privacy statement.
5. How your information is used
T.T.A.I uses the personal information we collect or receive about you to operate and improve the service, as well as to communicate with you and respond to your inquiries.
T.T.A.I will use your e-mail address to send you e-mails that are generated when you perform certain functions within the service. The types of e-mails that are sent include, but are not limited to, welcome e-mails, share e-mails, and cancellation e-mails.
T.T.A.I will use configuration information of your PC (if you permit us to collect it) to help you and other users to narrow down the scope of searches. This will allow us to show you only Tips that are recorded on systems having similar configurations as yours.
6. With whom does T.T.A.I. share my information?
As a general rule, T.T.A.I. will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or under the circumstances described below. The following describes some of the ways that your information may be disclosed.
Business Partners & Sponsors: T.T.A.I. may disclose your personal information to business partners or sponsors, but this is specifically described to you prior to data collection or prior to transferring the data. Some or all data collected during a T.T.A.I. promotion may be shared with a sponsor. If personally identifying data about you will be shared, we will tell you before we collect or transfer the data.
Many promotions offer opportunities to request additional information from sponsors. By requesting more information, you give T.T.A.I. permission to transfer your personal information to the sponsor so they can fulfill your request. In many instances, only your email address will be shared.
Third Party Data & Data in the Aggregate: Under confidentiality agreements, T.T.A.I. may match user information with third party data. Also, T.T.A.I. discloses aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
Other: Under confidentiality agreements, T.T.A.I. may match user information with third party data. Also, T.T.A.I. discloses aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
7. What are my choices regarding collection, use, and distribution of my information?
If you express interest in receiving offers or information from T.T.A.I. and our partners, we may occasionally send you e-mail or postal mail about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. Only T.T.A.I. (or agents working on behalf of T.T.A.I. and under confidentiality agreements) will send you these direct mailings and only if you indicated that you do not object to these offers.
At any time you can easily unsubscribe from T.T.A.I.'s mailing list and no longer receive such offers and mailings.
On some types of T.T.A.I. promotions, we may ask for your email address in order to update you on your score, entries, and status in prize drawings. When you participate in these types of promotions, you may automatically receive promotion-related email. Occasionally these promotion-related email messages may include targeted advertisements.
T.T.A.I. does not sell or rent user information to anyone. We will notify you at the time of data collection or transfer if your data will be shared with a third party and you will always have the option of not permitting the transfer. If you do not wish to allow your data to be shared, you can choose not to use a particular service or not to participate in certain promotions or contests.
8. How does T.T.A.I. protect my personal financial information?
Keeping your personal financial information private is vitally important to us. As with all personal information, T.T.A.I. will never rent or sell your personal financial information. Knowing that you use certain services or features may help us to offer you better and more relevant content and advertisements. But as with all personally identifiable information, we do not make this available to any third parties without your permission.
Please note that there may be places on the T.T.A.I. network of Web sites where you can transmit credit card information in order to complete a purchase transaction or for verification purposes. Any time we ask for a credit card number we transmit that credit card number in an encrypted format. We use industry-standard, SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
9. How you can access, update or delete your information
You can edit your T.T.A.I account information at any time by accessing your account using our web interface. Your profile information can be modified by accessing the "My Profile" page once you are logged in.
10. What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
When you register for an T.T.A.I account, the signup page may ask you for personal information. We use industry-standard SSL encryption to help protect the registration information you provide.
Your T.T.A.I account information and T.T.A.I customer profile are password-protected to help ensure that you, and only you, have access to this personal information. You may edit your T.T.A.I account information by logging into our web interface using your T.T.A.I username and password.
We require that you do not divulge your password to anyone. T.T.A.I will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail. Also remember to sign out of your T.T.A.I account and close your browser window when you finish your work to help ensure that others cannot access your personal information or files if you share a computer with someone or use a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, T.T.A.I. cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
11. How T.T.A.I uses contact information that you might provide when "Sending an Invitation "?
When you use T.T.A.I to "Send an Invitation" with someone, you normally enter the intended recipient's e-mail address into the system so that a message can be sent informing him or her of the share. We do not sell or make those e-mail addresses available to any 3rd parties.
When you use T.T.A.I's "Send an Invitation" feature, you can elect to have the system send a notification message on your behalf by entering the e-mail address(es) of the person(s) with whom you want to invite to join T.T.A.I or to see a tip. If you prefer, you can instead generate a web link to the tip, which can be sent as part of your own message. "Send an Invitation" notification messages sent by T.T.A.I are one-time only messages with the sole intent of notifying the recipient of the shared file.
12. What about children's privacy?
Naturally, the safety of children is very important to us. Children should always ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to T.T.A.I., or to anyone online for that matter. T.T.A.I. does not share personal information about users under the age of 13 with third parties and we do not sell or rent personal information about any of our users, regardless of age. In addition, T.T.A.I. will not send any direct email offers to users who indicate they are under the age of 13 without first obtaining their parents' permission. In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will not knowingly provide access to T.T.A.I to persons under the age of thirteen (13). If T.T.A.I later learns that a member is under the age of thirteen (13) we will take appropriate steps to remove the member's information from the database and restrict the individual from future access to the T.T.A.I service.
13. What else should I know about my privacy?
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online - for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas - that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that T.T.A.I is not responsible for the privacy or other practices of other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any registration information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
14. Additional Information
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Electronic Frontier Foundation - a civil liberties organization working to protect your rights online.
• Electronic Privacy Information Center - established to focus public attention on emerging civil liberties issues relating to the National Information Infrastructure.
• Privacy Issues Page - from the Center for Democracy and Technology (CDT).
• The EPIC Cookies Page - definitions, links, and news.
• How to Protect Your Privacy - information from the Federal Trade Commission